Historic Photos

(Click on any photo for a larger view)

Agnew & Taylor Hardware
One of the original buildings on Hawkins Avenue.

Petite Trianon
A 5 star restaurant built in 1911 by William K. Vanderbilt. It was at the end of Motor Parkway on the Lake.

Lake Shore Road
Looking north towards the Lake

Lake Shore Road Early 1900's photo showing the original bridge over the inlet to the Lake. This is now Lake Shore Road just west of the Bavarian Inn.

Ronkonkoma LIRR Station
Circa 1945

Hawkins Road Looking North towards Portion Road.
Taken from in front of the present Bruno's.

The Lake Shoreline
Approximately across from St. Mary's Church. Note how low the lake was at the turn of the century.

Lake Shore Road
The road along the east shore of the Lake

Portion Road Looking East
Taken from in front of the present CapitalOne Bank. Agnew & Taylor is on the right.
Lake Ronkonkoma Historical Society
328 Hawkins Avenue / PO Box 2716
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
tel: 631-467-3152
email: lakeronk328@optonline.net
Open Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
and by appointment